Hey does anyone have a BONZI buddy?

Started by
9 comments, last by maketty 23 years, 6 months ago
Man that little thing is amazing! How do you think they did the AI on him he is like a real animal (Almost) and how would they have done the speak feature? It blows my mind!!! Maketty (Matthew FitzGerald) Knightvision Games
Matt F. when you need a
newbie and only the best will DO
Maketty (Matthew FitzGerald) The meaning of Life part 5:Live organ transplants...
Advertisement
Speech synthesis has been around for a while now.. I guess they record samples of each letter sound a person makes, and parse the text that the thing is saying, playing the sound for each letter based on its place in the word.

As far as the AI, what does it do that''s so realistic? I used to have one, but all I remember it doing was stuff like detect the borders of windows, and speak up at random times.
me and my friends made that thing tell us erotic stories
it was hilarious
Speech synthesis is really a lot more complex than you think. Someone can correct me here, but I think they have something to do with pitch change and vowel / consinant combinations. People have been doing it for years... but it''s not all that simple or computationally cheap!

As for the AI, I haven''t played with one yet, but they change "personality" when you switch them off, right?

That''s also been done heaps, I read a book on robotics which said you can do it all with an 8086... now that''s prety old tech!

Just though I might enlighten you guys...

Simon Wilson
XEOS Digital Development
XEOS Digital Development - Supporting the independant and OpenSource game developers!
I think that maketty is posting crap to get a better status. I saw several post from him floating around without any sense...
Maybe the admin should look into it...
Hey, I could be wrong here, but why would he? He asked a good question. I highly doubt he did that with rank issues in mind. And you Mr. Anonymous, are you afraid to state your name gangsta? Inside joke. I always notice that posts where the person is being nasty, rude, a jerk, or to flame or state immature things are ALWAYS anonymous. Prolly even someone from here that just didn''t enter their name and info. Don''t be a prick, he asked a question, and we are all here to help eachother, not flame, although it does happen. Speaking of which, someone will prolly flame this post. Oh well, just try to be a little kinder to people.

=====
Khaos
=====
Bonzi Buddy is created with Microsofts Agent 2.0 Software.

You can download it from Microsofts web site. They have developers support for it and everything.
We are implementing something like that at work. You better know COM pretty well if you want to mess with it. But you can get all the code AI stuff and everything to try and build your own, you can even download the characters or download there editior to make your own too along with the sdk.
I have the Microsoft Agent 2.0 Book it comes with the software and SDK including everything from the site.

hope that answers your questions, but after a day or say the lil monkey is annoying as all hell.

>>In the words of Bonzi "It hurts me to leave your right now maketty<< hahahaha

a_insomniac

If my compiler was voice activated with the voice of my mother-in-law....there would be no errors!

----------

I thought Bonzi Buddy was pretty cool the first 20 minutes. Then he really anoyed the hell out of me after that so I promptly removed him and all his files.
It was kinda cool to make him swear.

"Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time"
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail
themGames Productions

I do not like Bonzi Buddy. He just popped up on my screen at random times and told these stupid little jokes. Got on my god damn nerves. Oh well. I loved clicking the "uninstall" icon after I got him. He is not artificially intelligent. He just spouts out a bunch of lame crud and a few blatent advertizments that have no relevence to anything. I always heard him advertizing something, and it got on my nerves. Bonzi Buddy is''nt a revolution in Artificial Intelligence. He is a revolution in authentic ignorance. And the whole speach thing can be done with Microsoft''s Speech SDK. No biggie. Am I flaming? Sorry! Wow. What a way to start your membership at GameDev.net, eh?
quote:Original post by xeos

Speech synthesis is really a lot more complex than you think. Someone can correct me here, but I think they have something to do with pitch change and vowel / consinant combinations. People have been doing it for years... but it''s not all that simple or computationally cheap!

As for the AI, I haven''t played with one yet, but they change "personality" when you switch them off, right?

That''s also been done heaps, I read a book on robotics which said you can do it all with an 8086... now that''s prety old tech!

Just though I might enlighten you guys...

Simon Wilson
XEOS Digital Development

Bonzi buddy just uses MSAgent I believe. Which has MS''s/Lernhout(?SP) speech synthesis built in and is the same thing used for the moronic paper clip in Office.

BeS
It's Da BOMB Baby!!!
BeSIt's Da BOMB Baby!!!. o O ~ A little nonsense now and then,is relished by the wisest men~ O o .-- Willy Wonka

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement