Windows Me and Nehe framework

Started by
2 comments, last by jamesH 23 years, 6 months ago
After Windows Me auto installation of drivers, Nehe examples stop working (No hardware used). When I install each driver by myself, Nehe examples work and use video hardware. Does anybody experience the same problem?
Advertisement
No problems here. I installed ME on my comp and the drivers have worked fine, what card do you own?
Brought to you by: [email=ogapo@ithink.net]O.G.A.P.O.[/email] +----------------------------------------+| Surgeon General's Warning - || OGAPO can cause serious mental damage || if taken in large doses. |+----------------------------------------+/* Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups */
I tried Creative Lab Riva TNT, Asus 6800 (GEFORCE 256DDR), and ATI XPERT128 on Winodws Me. I tried Nehe examples 10 and 22 which were compiled on Windows 98.

When Windows Me installed a driver by itself, then neither examples 10 nor 22 used video hardware (very slow). The strage thing is that, after I manually installed a driver which was obtained from NVIDIA or ATI site, Nehe examples 10 and 22 use video hardware nicely.

It seems there is a problem on auto driver installation of Windows Me.

By the way, on which OS, did you compile Nehe examples? I compiled them on Windows 98. If I compiled them on Windows 2000, will the problem be gone?

Edited by - jamesH on October 9, 2000 1:15:03 AM
The default drivers don''t use hardware acceleration... Its that simple. They don''t, and are not supposed to. I think ms did this for compatibility reasons.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement