More QBasic Stuff

Started by
4 comments, last by Newbie101 23 years, 6 months ago
OK. QBasic is lame compared to C/C++ or Java or anything else. But I have to start somewere. Plus I''m not very logically minded so I have to ease into programming. I''m just wondering if someone can sugguest a good tutorial for QBasic. Preferable on the web. Thanks for your help everyone. c-ya.
Proverbs 26:12------------------------------There is more hope for fools than people who think they are wise.
Advertisement
There are a lot of good qb tutorials on the net, they are not too hard to find either. Try this site to start off:

www.qbasic.com

Another good site is:

www.quickbasic.com
This is a good site is it still exists.

I think there is a site called:

www.qb45.com
Where you should find the top 45 qb links.

Also try:

<a href="http://www.progar.com>www.progar.com
Which is a programming search engine having some good links to qb sites.

Other than these links, just search using altavista or another search engine. I don''t know the links, but there were a couple other good qb sites, I think one was called neozones?

Hope this helps! Good luck with learning qb!
If you need some extra help with it, there is a message board on qbasic.com, or you can send the question to me over icq, I can help you!
What! all that typing and only half of my post shows up! Does this page look weird to everyone alse or is it just me?

Anyway, I said www.progar.com is another good site, and probably something else that I can''t remember right now

If you want some more qb sites or some specific help, you can talk to me through icq
Wow! This post is REALLY messed up!!!
QBASIC is awesome to start out with. Get familiar with it.. write some games. Remember that you can program games with any language, but only some of them have the ability for you to access hardware registers such as in your video card.. and you can do it with QBASIC with a DEF SEG and a poke!.. it''s just awesome =)

The nightmare travels across the cosmos with his burning mane. The trail of ash that is produced.

?Have a nice day!?

QBasic is alright, but once you get the hang of it, you start wanting a more flexible language. Uhm...Try and find QB 4.5 or better.
Its out there. Its a LOT better than 1.1 or whatever DOS used to come with. You can compile your own EXEs, etc.
After QB I recomend a old DOS C/C++ compiler thats well documented. After that, well...once you know C and basic, you are pretty much set. I recomend after the DOS C compiler a modern C++ compiler; Borland C++ bulder or VC++ 6. You can get VC++ 6 for around 100 bucks in places.(chepeast edition)
Personally, I have QB 4.5 and QB 7.1, a array of Pascal compilers which I NEVER use, QuickC 2.5, VB5, VC++ 5, and VC++6(intro ed).
~V''lion

I came, I saw, I got programmers block.
~V''lion
~V'lionBugle4d

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement