• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
ranakor

is there a way to launch shortcuts from cmdline?

This topic is 5050 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

ok this is both a non programming & programming question i'm looking for a non programming way to do it 1st (to do in a batch file) i'd like to launch a shortcut file from console is there a way to do that.? i mean to launch the program or file associated with a .lnk file & if there isn't a way to do it from command prompt is there a way to do it with the windows api.? my cd drive sux & i'm usually not playing many games so i store em as iso but atm i'm playing 2 so i'd like to do replace the shortcutofgame.lnk by a shortcutofgame.bat that would look like this progrname -gamename //this would be a call to a prog i'll make //that calls a virtual cd api launch program thought shortcut now obviously if i have to launch the program manually it's not worth the hassle so this is why i'm wondering if there launch program line can be replaced by something working (absolute path doesn't make sence because i'm planing to use it with all my games in the future so that the bat file would look like launchmygame.bat gamename & it would both launch mycdloader gamename & gamename.lnk so instead of typing absolute path for each game i'd just have this batfile & mycdloader.exe & a shortcut to all the games in the same dir) ok all that's kinda like using an atomic bomb to kill a bee but well asking since i'm also curious of wether it is possible (programmatically is fine too but if there is a way to do it directly i'd rather have that)

Advertisement
thanks p well that was awfully more obvious then i'd have thought

is start something that just start whatever you point it to the same way as if you double clicked on it?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!