• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

my portfolio

This topic is 4829 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Here is a drawing i did when i was bored in tech ed class. it sucks but i think i might use it in a game. [EDIT] Suggestions? [Edited by - baddogj on October 28, 2004 7:55:07 PM]

Advertisement
I did this when i was in my tech ed class as well a different day.

[EDIT] Suggestions?

[Edited by - baddogj on October 27, 2004 6:00:05 PM]

Sounds like you really like tech ed class! [wink]

Umm, the first one, let me guess. A guy holding a chainsaw with a hockey stick stuck in between his ears?

yeah i know, the idea was not very original, but i was just drawing something straight out the top of my head.

Here are some drawings that i did last year.

[EDIT] Suggestions?

[Edited by - baddogj on October 27, 2004 6:27:30 PM]

i just did this today. its a scene with islands getting closer and closer. i dont use any blending, but its not that bad.

[EDIT] Suggestions?

[Edited by - baddogj on October 27, 2004 6:17:58 PM]

im actually not sure why i did this.

[EDIT] Suggestions?

[Edited by - baddogj on October 27, 2004 6:32:26 PM]

if you have any comments on any of my pictures please post them. making them better is all the better.[smile]

The fist in the last one looks pretty good, but for faces you need to work on your proportion and spacing. Try studying faces in comic books -- they will help you quite a bit.

Awesome work dude.

I really feel that the contrast of black and white in your images truly represents the duality of man.

They all suck ass.

EDIT:

To demoralize you further, heres what I was working on last night because I was bored out of my mind.

EDIT: And no, this isn't a shameless plug at my mad art skillz. As it is evident to anyone with half a brain, that I couldn't draw with illustrator to save my life. But it does serve to make quite the contrast now doesn't it?

[Edited by - Raymondo on October 22, 2004 11:17:20 PM]

thanks for the comments(excluding some), i not real experienced with drawing and haven't read any books on drawing faces. all of these are quick sketches that i would do during my classes in school. does anyone know of any sites that teach how to draw faces?

Quote:
Original post by Bossk
Awesome work dude.

I really feel that the contrast of black and white in your images truly represents the duality of man.
Word, dude Bossk. Purely awesome work.

Quote:
Original post by baddogj
thanks for the comments(excluding some), i not real experienced with drawing and haven't read any books on drawing faces. all of these are quick sketches that i would do during my classes in school. does anyone know of any sites that teach how to draw faces?

Sorry if I hurt your feelings cupcake, but this is a site dedicated to game development, and its related fields and subjects. It's not a hangout for junior high kids who discovered paint while surfing AOL with parental lock on.

I'm not even going to bother commenting on that crap, because it blows so much ass I cant bear to look at it without wanting to tear out my own eyes and shit on my face.

To elaborate further, ding ding, here comes the shitmobile.

Raymundo, i do not care if you are more skilled than me. i am also not trying to make stuff amazing by saying i just did them when i was bored. i really was bored because we werent doing anything in my classes. i am trying to get help to make them better. if you don't have anything to say to help me, then just leave. i don't see why you need to be tied up with thread. get on with your life.

p.s. what you did is not difficult to do at all.

also, i not just some little kid who likes to play around in the forums. you are immature for just the comments you have given.

Quote:
Original post by baddogj
also, i not just some little kid who likes to play around in the forums. you are immature for just the comments you have given.
Poo-poo head.

to Raymondo's image, although baddogj's work obviously, and easily, triumphs it.

Quote:
Original post by Raymondo
It's not a hangout for junior high kids who discovered paint while surfing AOL with parental lock on.

It is, however, a place for constructive criticism. Both your posts thus far are pretty delete-worthy, especially considering what you posted is hardly great by comparison. Let's lose the Maddox attitude, shall we?

You suck Raymondo. My skills are obviously much more advanced then yours. Case in point:

PWNED.

Quote:
Original post by 23yrold3yrold
Quote:
Original post by Raymondo
It's not a hangout for junior high kids who discovered paint while surfing AOL with parental lock on.

It is, however, a place for constructive criticism. Both your posts thus far are pretty delete-worthy, especially considering what you posted is hardly great by comparison. Let's lose the Maddox attitude, shall we?

well said. and just to settle this. i know my pictures are not good. i am just trying to get suggestions to help make them better, because i want to use them to help improve my resume for college. I posted here because the topic is visual arts and i felt it appropiate to post my artwork here. Most of the drawings are plans for use in my games, but i could try to make my art more game related for the future and i apologize for all of the useless posts.
nice picture ontheheap

I would suggest taking some core art classes. Some art and design colleges make you spend the first year or two years taking core classes and building your portfolio. You'll learn about about various techniques and methods in creating art. Considering the medium (paint), you did pretty well on the faces.

Don't let people talk down to you. A lot of people who think they have mad skills just look at professional work and try to do something similar instead of creating something unique.

Hey,

To be perfectly honest, I like your chibby work (the DBZ) I would work on maximizing that skill (unless it was traced or something) because it really is good already. The face on the bottom right of the image below it is fairly good too. Fixing the eye slant is the first thing i really saw in that one.

As for your islands, not bad, the islands have no real depth though, that could have been the look you were going for from that aspect. The only thing i dont get is that all of your islands are little cliffs.

One thing i have a question on? It looks kinda like you do this in Paint or something. What you should try is drawing it by hand, and tracing it in paint or photoshop or something, seriously, it makes it 110% easier.

Just my 2C

RPC

baddogj:

You should try working with more conventional mediums first before moving to doing stuff on the computer. Grab a pencil and get a visual diary (Basically a hard-cover notebook without lines. Should cost you about $5, if that) and work on improving your art that way, because sitting at a computer getting stuff out is a good way to stagnate your skills.

Work with pencil first, doing nothing but crude proportional details, then fill in the detail from there. It's a common mistake to start with the details and work outwards, but the best way to do it is to just get general lines of motions, spheres for hands, ovals for arms and legs, then work inwards, only adding details such as facial features, fingers and clothing as some of the final steps. After you're happy with what you've done, only then take a pen to it, or scan it and work over it in photoshop to add color and additional texture.

Give this a try, and see what you come up with.

thanks for all of the comments. none of the pictures are traced. all of the pictures i did as quick sketches, as a layout for better drawings. i do need to work on proportions though. i also need to find a tutorial on drawing objects at different angles. i will see if i can find tutorials or books on art that would help. if you know of a good website please post is. thanks in advance.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement