• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
yodaman

wow.... doom3 engine sdk... *drools*

This topic is 5045 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Sorry for the thread title ;) Im just a little excited... I downloaded the doom3 sdk thinking at most it would be some basic ai classes, maybe a scripting tutorial... just simple stuff. I couldn't believe my eyes when I started going through the code and found that the physics, ai, render engine header files, system, ui, editor code, etc is all there! I love finding source code that I can learn from. Im at the early stages of my own game engine and I have been having a lot of trouble figuring out several things such as how to design the physics engine, advanced animation... a lot of things that I can now learn from the sdk! man, d3 sdk = an ass load of tutorials ;) Well anyway, sorry for posting about it. I just figured that others may be able to learn from it. I think there was a thread about it a few weeks ago, but for those who didn't check it out, you should. Fun stuff! ~Jason

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
Thanks for the info, I'll check it out - JUST BECAUSE OF THIS POST! There! It's a useful post :)

That's the link ya want ;]
ftp://ftp.idsoftware.com

It tends to get abit full often though so don't be surprised if the server kicks you out straight away. If your ftp client goes crazy & keeps retrying (more than like 3 I think) the server will give you a temporary ban ;]
No more than 1 login per
Everything nice & id orientated in there

lol, sorry for not including the link. It was around 4 am when I wrote the post. What do you guys that just downloaded it think about it so far?

Quote:

There! It's a useful post :)

*points to user rating...* joking ;)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!