[java] Looking ofr WDL programmers

Started by
3 comments, last by Jerrid 23 years, 6 months ago
I am looking for WDL programmers for a game I am making. The game is a Colony/Space game. Contact me at Jerrid123@aol.com if intersted.
Advertisement
Hi,

I know WDL (World Definition language - as used in 3D GameStudio) and as you will find by asking one here knowing it, WDL is too limited too be of any real use. And trust me on this, I really used a lot of time on WDL (for A4 4.21) and it is really too limited.

WDL is a toy language that makes it possible to make simply stuff in 3D GameStudio. Don''t expect to be able to write real games in this.

If I was you I would use a system with a DLL interface. Such a system will appear for 3D GameStudio A5 but oly in the professional edition.

For now I personally prefer the Eldermage 6DX engine. It allows the control code to be written in Visual basic, C++ builder, Visual C++, Delphi and soon to come also Java. You will have a much easier time finding programmers fot those languages and the programmers can more easily make more powerful (and more efficient) stuff.

Jacob Marner
Jacob Marner, M.Sc.Console Programmer, Deadline Games
Relevance to Java??
I see you''ve left an address (so i''ll be mostly adding it to every mailing list i can find then ...
> Relevance to Java?

A bit. WDL is a language that vaguely resembles java-script, and because there is not java-script development forum, Java is the languages that at least sounds like it. Other than that Java and WDL has nothing, even remotely, to do with each other.

But the question is: what forum would be relevant?

Jacob Marner
Jacob Marner, M.Sc.Console Programmer, Deadline Games
Well there is a forum for help wanted. Granted we''ve had more off-topic discussions here in the past

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement