• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Creative

What would make you sign upto my site?

This topic is 4987 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi I have tried very hard recently to get people to sign upto my site but it just doesnt seem to be working, soI am asking you the viewer (as the viewers are always right), what would make you sign upto this site? http://www.watotron.com Thanks P.S. I am trying to rewrite the site in CSS [Edited by - Creative on October 22, 2004 11:09:32 AM]

Advertisement
You'll need more content. Try and get other people to submit their articles/tutorials/templates/games and get a News section going, be it News about your site or general News on your content. Other things you could try:

- Competitions
- A comic
- Beginner tutorials on VBscript/PS, and maybe also a reference page (these will probably get you more hits through search engines)
- More games!

Unfortunately, your pages appear to take a while to load (from a broadband user's perspective). If they were a little faster, I would've had the patience to view all 3 of your photoshop tutorials.

Oh yeah, and include a link to your site in your GameDev signature.

The reason it is slow is because my host is closing down (fear not I am converting to a paid host).

What type of competitions could I run, I have 4 Gmail invites that i could put up as prizes.

Good site, I sent you an email about that break game. Like red sodium said you need more content. You need to give people a reason to join otherwise they will just check out your site and leave.

I'd suggest that, instead of a link to "VBScript Tutorial 1" you have a more descriptive title. If I were looking for a specific VBScript tutorial, I wouldn't want to have to click on each of your tutorials just to see what they do!

Ryan

I'm confused... what benefits are there to getting an account on your site, as opposed to merely viewing it?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!