• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Advice for my sound/music please.

This topic is 4840 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok, heres my first question. I am using DirectShow to play .mp3s in my game, but i am just wondering about deleting a file after you play it. I am using IGraphBuilder::RenderFile to load a file, then IMediaControl to play it. I am just wondering if i have to delete this file when i release the graphbuilder and or the medai control, thanks. Also, I am developing a 3d sound system for my game, and am debating wether to have any sound for the enemy ship shooting. This is a top down shooter and the enemy ships shoot alot, so i am sortof worried it will get really annoying if i make the enemy shooting audible. So do you guys think i should include it or not?

Advertisement
Nah.. I think a backgroundsound, your ships engine's sound, your bullet's sound, and maybe your enemies ships engine's sound.

You should start with a few, and try adding more sounds.

yeah thats exactly what i am thinking. I just need to sort out all of the details, which are as usualy growing on me.

Hey, i also have another question involving the explosion sounds. My explosions take place over a varying amount of time, so how do i make a satisfying explosion sound that lasts the appropriate length of time without recording a million differnent explosions, thanks.

Also, i want to have each ship in my game have the pitch of their engine proportional to the size of their ship. So i have a ship engine sound, which i am going to loop, but how to I adjust the pitch so that it still loops properly. Thanks.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement