• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Dark Star

Documentation for C#

This topic is 5140 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi Guys, I recently started coding in C# and must say Im loving the langauge. Its such a tidy little langauge. About time there was a language like that, that WASN'T Java. Lol Anyways Forget that! I was just if Microsoft have released a compiled HTML help application for C# like Sun did for Java? I know that U can install the MSDN library onto ur comp, but that takes alot of space which I dont have at the moment (dont ask why). I know the msdn is online too, but dont fancy loggin onto the net each time to check out something. Thanks in advance DarkStar UK

Advertisement
The MSDN library IS the compiled HTML help. If you only want the C# portion, only install that portion of it.

Quote:
Original post by Washu
The MSDN library IS the compiled HTML help. If you only want the C# portion, only install that portion of it.

bah, I was going to make a fine post about this but you beat me to it! :)

Guest Anonymous Poster
yeah LOL hit F1

It gave me a choice to but I dont have much space on my hard disk for it. It didnt give me an option either to select the parts I dont want and which to remove.. I dont know why. Cos I wanna only install C# documentation.

By the way F1 dont work if u haven't installed the documentation. ;)

When you install the documentation (from the C# install) you will be taken to a seperate installer, which lets you choose what to install.

Alternatively, if you are using the command line compiler released with Microsoft .NET SDK v1.1 (I was for several months before I allocated money from my budget for some software), the .NET SDK Documentation contains adequate language documentation.

Additionally, the following section of the msdn library online contains everything you should need:

MSDN Library - C# Start Page

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!