I have no friends. I want my computer to play TETRIS with me.

Started by
10 comments, last by UfoZ 19 years, 6 months ago
The AI shouldn't know the next piece. That's cheating. What it can do without cheating is generate ten pieces and play what if it was one of those pieces. For each position you could place the current piece you can evaluate what the best the opponent could do with each of those ten as the next piece. You then want the position that minimizes the best they can do with any of those pieces. Ultimately it is the scoring of the board that matters most. Looking ahead really just compensates for weaknesses in that scoring.
Keys to success: Ability, ambition and opportunity.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by LilBudyWizer
The AI shouldn't know the next piece. That's cheating. What it can do without cheating is generate ten pieces and play what if it was one of those pieces. For each position you could place the current piece you can evaluate what the best the opponent could do with each of those ten as the next piece.

Usually in a game of tetris you have a preview of the next piece - I thought it would only be fair for the AI to know that much as well :) The rest of my post suggested a similar deep search into potential next piece sets, trying to maximize "board goodness" (weird wording, yeah)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement