• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
tion80

where can I get .x files? any site informations?

This topic is 4989 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi.. I'm tired of playing with this little tiger (y'know .. I got this from one of the DX samples) Does anyone knows sites where I can get free .x files from? Oh, and one more thing. Do I need to learn 3d max or maya as a programmer? it looks horrible for me to learn 3d arts... thanks for reading ~ [Edited by - tion80 on October 23, 2004 12:13:25 AM]

Advertisement
Not many resources out there with .x files. Download maya models or 3dmax if you can and export them to .x files.

Yeah i got tired of having tigers and teapots. There is a reasonably decent model making program called DeleD (http://www.delgine.com/) that can export models to X file format i'm currently using this utility for my game at the mo, 3ds and maya are way too complex for me.

these are royalty free:

the 3d model pack for darkbasic
go to the darkbasic.com website,
and go to darkbasic. next go to
the codebank, or whatever it's called
and download the model pack. it's free.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!