X2 - 3D Sidescroller/platformer game-demo "download"

Started by
9 comments, last by DirectXXX 19 years, 5 months ago
Please reply if you downloaded and tried demo, its 4mb. Actually its not complete game so its not in announcments. Download from http://www.angelfire.com/tv2/ahmedali/prog_experiments/pages/x2.htm Dont forget to download MissingFiles zip, that is required if you dont have them already. It contains msvcp70.dll and mscvr70.dll. Im a little short on time so there is almost no detail on page nor in zip file. This is an EXPERIMENTAL project, Unlike X1* this is not a boring demo but not a game too. NOTICE: actually I did some early mistakes... To run demo soomthly you should change your monitor's refresh rate to 100Hz and run the demo with VSync option ON. You dont need this to do if you dont have a fast card or machine to reach 100 fps. But anyway people having fps higher or lower that 100 fps will not get smooth results. Keys:- Left, Right and Up for jump. Please tell me if you see some file is missing or you are getting strange behaviour. Credits: As you can see, I did not even have time to put my own name in level or other credits. Special thanks to Ogre team and contributers. Without their efforts for making tools and exporters, it was not possible to make this demo in short period of time. Thanx for John for allowing me to use his Quake3 model. Model Name "Martian" Concept/3D Model/Skinmap John Diamond &lt;alienrace@adelphia.net&gt; Re-Rigging and animation in max is done by me. I took advantage of all spare assets as im not an aritist. *You can also see my older project X1 which was created with irrlicht. Download from http://www.angelfire.com/tv2/ahmedali/prog_experiments/pages/x1.htm <!–EDIT–><span class=editedby><!–/EDIT–>[Edited by - DirectXXX on October 24, 2004 4:12:36 AM]<!–EDIT–></span><!–/EDIT–>
3D Side-Scroller game demo Project-X2 "playable"Lashkar: A 3D Game & Simulation Project demo @ lashkar.berlios.de
Advertisement
Hehe, thats cool! I didn't need to use that trick you suggested, as I was getting 75fps w/o AA. The running animation looks like the alien has a gimped leg, so you may want to change that. OTher than that, very cool!

Sigma
Looks realy nice, walking and jumping pretty smooth.
And didn't need that work-around either.
Got it running on my laptop with (a more then enough) 60fps, even on a 1680x1050 screen resolution.
Thanx for appreciating WanMaster & _Sigma.

@_Sigma
Yes, there can be 2 reasons for this, the martian model was already posed so I just re-rigged to animate it. And the other reason is that I was animating the walk cycles mostly from side of martian views (bcz its side-scroller)and didnt paid attention on how it looks from front.
--
Prior to this project, I was thinking about making a complete clone of one of my fav. side-scroller like princeOfPersia, dangerousDave, midnightR?, MetalSlug etc

But i thinks its better to get experienced first :).
3D Side-Scroller game demo Project-X2 "playable"Lashkar: A 3D Game & Simulation Project demo @ lashkar.berlios.de
thats a cool demo, the rotating thing was a little tricky to pass but did it. Anyway this is one of the most high quality projects posted on gamedev. keep the good work

- Abdul Wasif
Wow - like a previous poster said: One of the best demos i've seen on gamedev. That is pretty impressive. Congratulations!

That could make a pretty fun game :D

Keep up the good work.

Jinx

p.s. Ran fine for me without locking my refresh rate to 100Hz - was getting about 85fps.
that was an excellent demo. my fps were above 225 without any hacks tricks. i really liked the music, and the graphics were awesome.
keep it up.
- stormrunner
very nice. Ogre rocks :)

no problemo.

265 fps. R9800 pro, XP1700+ 512mb DDR KT266 mobo, Win2000 sp4

Everything is better with Metal.

Thanx for nice comments guys. oliii: yes, ogre rocks!
Excellent work, rating++ :)

-Mezz

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement