GameTutorials.com ...

Started by
4 comments, last by izzo 19 years, 6 months ago
Is their CD worth it? It seems to have considerably more than the tutorials on the website...
Advertisement
i dont have the cd and i guess you can find free tutorials about nearly every topic somewhere. msdn and google were sufficient for me. there were some topics which i had problems finding code examples (cant remember what that was) but i finally found something in french (i dont speak french but i searched for a bit of code). newsgroups are also a good source.
bottom line is: i dont think you'll need a cd if you have some time to browse through some sites. there are so many tutorials available that you wont have problems to find something about 99% of the problems you encounter. for the rest theres still the forum here :) i'm sure everyone will be glad to help you if there is nothing available at the msdn page or google.

edit: some ppl also like to have books (the heavy paper thingies) but i always found that online tutorials were a better source because you cant search for words in a book.
Now get down on your hands and knees and start repeating "Open Source Good, M$ Evil", smacking your head against the pavement after each repetition. Once you have completed your training you may change your first name to GNU/, to show that you are free from the slavery of the closed source world. -Michalson
Arrg, if I use online tutorials I can't help but copy paste. That's why I use books.
hehe, I kinda got the same problem, but I force myself to just copy manually :)
-----------------------------Sismondi GamesStarted c++ in October 2004...
their online tutorials are really good. They helped me a lot.
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
I never found their tutorials to be that great. They all seem to just be code implementations rather than actual "tutorials" that explain something. I know the code is commented, but I'd much rather have a description of how something works than have to pour through someone else's implementation of an algorithm.

cheers
sam

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement