matrix multiplication help

Started by
15 comments, last by Airo 19 years, 6 months ago
ok then 16 hours till my assignment is due a hole lot of editing to do what ure sayin but ill give it a try,

btw i do a glTranslatef(0.0, 0.0, -5.5) this is a openGL command do u know if this would effect it ?
Advertisement
I can't remember much gl stuff since I'm a dx kind of guy now but I imagine it is just a temporary tranformation for rendering rather than actualy altering your stored verts. Basicaly it'll move your objects -5.5 along the z axis before drawing them (or probably a better way to think of it is that it moves the camera +5.5 along the z axis).
[size="1"] [size="4"]:: SHMUP-DEV ::
Quote:Original post by Godden
returning a temp vector is going to make no different to what i am doing now

if this isnt your problem, then fine, but it very well might and it seems you havnt made any attempt to falsify this, so you could atleast take the effort to try and see why i am making a valid point, which i do, instead of just dismissing it.

its not about returning the tempvector, its about not storing the result of your multiplication in the vector your mutiplying with. doing EXCACTLY produces the effect you mention, but if you dont want to check it, its your loss i guess.
All u have to do is look at how i am doing it, i am sorting the 3 values into completely different floats and ruturning them as a vector clearly u didnt look at how i was doing it.
Quote:Original post by Godden
All u have to do is look at how i am doing it, i am sorting the 3 values into completely different floats and ruturning them as a vector clearly u didnt look at how i was doing it.

i am sorry: my bad entirely. thats what i get for being hasty i guess.
i dont see any problem with your code either, im sorry. maybe you can post some more, ie the stuff around it? might help.
This looks like just a rotation around the x-axis. You could write your code out on paper and check if you get correct results. Multiplying collums in stead of rows? Sorry, I don't got time to write it out.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement