Website

Started by
4 comments, last by circlesoft 19 years, 5 months ago
Hi all, I've been working on my new site for just over a week, I'm trying to put tutorials on there covering Direct3D and a diary of my work. The website is running from an Apache webserver I've set up in my house (I've got a static IP address). You can access it at : http://80.176.147.51 There are a couple of tutorials on there I've done, mainly basic math, one tutorial on quaternions and I've just done a skybox one. Kind regards, Steve

If it isn't working, take a bath, have a think and try again...

Advertisement
Good job! I enjoy your simple, step-by-step style of writing. I think it's very helpful for beginners who are inexperienced with this type of math.

Are you planning on getting a domain name for this? If not, I'm sure that this would be great material for the Nexe Wiki when it comes online.
Dustin Franklin ( circlesoft :: KBase :: Mystic GD :: ApolloNL )
Thanks circlesoft,

I appreciate your comments. As for the simple writing, I like to do it this way as this is the way I understand things! As I'm doing the tutorials I'm also learning with them which is good ;-)

As for a domain name, I'm thinking of getting one, what is this nexe wiki you talk about ?!

Kind regards,
Steve

I like the tutorial on Quaternions. Nice site, will be sure to checkin every so often.
Thanks vajuras, that tutorial was kindly submitted by a friend, he has also done the next part to it, will be on the site next week.

Steve

Nexe.gamedev.net used to be a Gamedev-affiliated site that was kinda like the Nehe for DirectX. However, the person who ran it left, so it wasn't updated in forever.

Some of us (Coder and Nik02, mainly) are re-doing the site, to establish an informative community site. It will have an expanded FAQ (if you didn't notice, the DX forum's FAQ is so large that it's detrimental to have in single-post form), and a DirectX wiki.
Dustin Franklin ( circlesoft :: KBase :: Mystic GD :: ApolloNL )

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement