Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some Stack Tracing questions

This topic is 6274 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

A few questions I have with doing a stack trace in Windows using the dbgHelp functions. 1. What does the displacement in the function SymGetLineFromAddr and SymGetSymFromAddr stands for??? 2. The lineNumber property in IMAGELP_LINE seems to correspond to the line # at the end of the function (After retrieving with the SymGetLineFromAddr()) . Is there anyway to get the line # where the beginning of the function is?? 3. When I do a stack trace (calling StackWalk() ), the first call and last call results in an PC address offset in the stackframe ( ie STACKFRAME.AddrPC.Offset) that has no matching symbols. How can I detect if the PC address has a valid symbol, without calling SymGetSymFromAddr() and then have the call to fail? ( ie without relying on SymGetSymFromAddr() return false) 4. It seems to me that sometimes the StackWalk will result in a PC address offset of 0. When does that actually happen?? Thanks ahead..