• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Tutorial 4b is done.

This topic is 4957 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I finished my sound effects tutorial. You know the where. I am also making this announcement in my MSN group thing. I think it's sorta setup like a mailing list thing. So, hack it to pieces, tell me what you think. Is it good enough for basic effects?

Advertisement
I'm thinking about making a 4c tutorial. That would cover some of the extra effects, such as setting the sample volume, hooking, dynamic channels, and stuff along those lines.

Or, I could skip that, come back and do it later. And in the mean time, finish up my tutorial on the SDL__TTF library.

Any ideas?

I agree with ZadrraS. Also in your tutorial I suggest you explain what these #defines are:

#define AUDIO_RATE 22050
#define AUDIO_FORMAT AUDIO_S16
#define AUDIO_CHANNELS 2
#define AUDIO_BUFFERS 4096

I know what they are for, but you might want to specify why you chose the values you did. (ie, 22050 is the playback frequency most often used in games. 44100 is CD quality...I think).

This would be covered in 4c.
4a and 4b are just enough to get the person started with out going into to much detail.

I just tried to simplify it here to make it as easy as handling a surface.

Quote:
Original post by PnP Bios
This would be covered in 4c.
4a and 4b are just enough to get the person started with out going into to much detail.

I just tried to simplify it here to make it as easy as handling a surface.

Then i definatly want to read 4C asap!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!