• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

VBO = Vertex array drawing with no texture Coords.

This topic is 4929 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello to all ! When i do my work with vbo object i turn off the multitexture passes, and disable the client states GL_VERTEX_ARRAY and GL_TEXTURE_COORD_ARRAY like ..... ////////////////////////////////////////// // Turn the second multitexture pass off glActiveTextureARB(GL_TEXTURE1_ARB); glDisable(GL_TEXTURE_2D); // Turn the first multitexture pass off glActiveTextureARB(GL_TEXTURE0_ARB); glDisable(GL_TEXTURE_2D); glDisableClientState( GL_VERTEX_ARRAY ); glDisableClientState( GL_TEXTURE_COORD_ARRAY ); //////////////////////////////////////////////////////// thats ok ! no problem but later on when i try to do smt like that ... //////////////////////////////////////////////////////// glEnableClientState(GL_VERTEX_ARRAY); glVertexPointer(3, GL_FLOAT, sizeof (Vertex), Vertices); glEnableClientState(GL_TEXTURE_COORD_ARRAY); glTexCoordPointer(2, GL_FLOAT, sizeof (TexCoord), TextureCoords); glDrawElements (GL_TRIANGLES, ToplamIndices ,GL_UNSIGNED_INT , Indices ) ; glDisableClientState(GL_VERTEX_ARRAY); glDisableClientState(GL_TEXTURE_COORD_ARRAY); //////////////////////////////////////////////////////// it draws the object with no texture coordinates applied that indices supply ! (When i disable the multitexturing (i mean erase the MT codes) glDrawElements draws with texture coordinates) What is the problem ?? ý think texture coordinate pointer still shows the memory at the card in spite of i used .. glTexCoordPointer(2, GL_FLOAT, sizeof (TexCoord), TextureCoords);

Advertisement
yeah after that code i wrote at first message
i wrote this code...

/////////////////////////

glActiveTextureARB(GL_TEXTURE0_ARB);
glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);

////////////////////////////

still it doesnt work :((

Alright i got the problem ! later on when i use this

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

glEnableClientState(GL_VERTEX_ARRAY);
glVertexPointer(3, GL_FLOAT, sizeof (Vertex), Vertices);

glEnableClientState(GL_TEXTURE_COORD_ARRAY);
glTexCoordPointer(2, GL_FLOAT, sizeof (TexCoord), TextureCoords);

glDrawElements (GL_TRIANGLES, ToplamIndices ,GL_UNSIGNED_INT , Indices ) ;

glDisableClientState(GL_VERTEX_ARRAY);
glDisableClientState(GL_TEXTURE_COORD_ARRAY);

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

actually "Indices" should point a location at RAM, but however it still points to the memory at the Video card in spite of i unbind it with this...

glBindBufferARB(GL_ARRAY_BUFFER_ARB, 0);

now how should i make it like that glDrawElements draws with the given Texture coordinates at 4.th argument ?

okay i ve found the answer !

i should disable them in this order ...

/////////////////////
glDisable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);
glActiveTextureARB(GL_TEXTURE0_ARB);
glClientActiveTextureARB(GL_TEXTURE0_ARB);
glDisable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);

/////////////////////

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement