fatal error C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR

Started by
23 comments, last by Qw3r7yU10p! 19 years, 5 months ago
Quote:Original post by MrEvil
Download Borland C++ (command line compiler 5.5) (It's completely gratis, although it is a 9MB download) and try compiling the files one by one, see what borland says. Or you could try gcc. Or quickc.
Just try anything other than VC. :)
Although, this option really is a last resort..

//Edit:
operator = should also take its argument as a const color&

i have Dev-C++, but i prefer using VC instead.
pex.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by pex22
2) nobody here knows how to get the sp version in vc6?..

Here.

I've got INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR twice when using VC6.0. One when I use templates and the other when I use friend functions along with namespace std. Not sure what in your case, but if you are using templates, you might want to try commenting it out and see if it works. using namespace std can cause problems too. Your color struct may not be the cause of the problem, but rather something else that is conflicting with it. Try putting your color struct in a namespace (maybe name collision), or remove those this's. VC6 compiler is broken.
oops, i meant how i find out what sp version is installed in my vc..my bad
i namespaced it and it doesn't give me this error anymore.
but when i use it, like this:
n::color C (float,float,float,float=0.0);

it give me that fatal error back..
i downloaded the free .net compiler toolkit (or something like this) but haven't installed it yet.
is it possible to install it somehow in vc6? how? (a ready tutorial or something. or all i have to do is to overwrite the exist directories with the .net directories that i have downloaded?)
oops! that was me (cant change the [ source] to now)
pex.
Come up with a minimal example that gives the error.
There's no reason to be using VC6 anymore when the VC7.1 compiler is freely available from MS. I have gotten ICEs from VC6 a few times, mostly just while learning C++, ironically.
--God has paid us the intolerable compliment of loving us, in the deepest, most tragic, most inexorable sense.- C.S. Lewis
oh, nevermind.
i namespaced both structs and it works.
thanks again! [smile]
pex.
Quote:
n::color C (float,float,float,float=0.0);

I don't know what the hell you are trying to do there, the whole point of default arguments is that you don't need to pass a value in if you don't want to - they should only be present in the function definition and not when declaring an object.

Try actually using valid values like 0.0f instead of just float or alternatively just declate it as n::color C; if it's just for test purposes.
thats a function definition
whats the opposite between 0.0 and 0.0f?
pex.
Quote:Original post by pex22
whats the opposite between 0.0 and 0.0f?

The difference is:

0.0 is a double
0.0f is a float

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement