Does mini games appeal to customer ??

Started by
3 comments, last by GameDev.net 19 years, 5 months ago
Hi, recently i develop quite a few mini games for my site and judging from the responses i told myself hey why not make these games downloadable and sell them while there's still a chance.. I know that my games are considered minigames (lots of them are simple action/arcade with less depth) so maybe I can bundle 4 of them into a compendium.. Before I do this, do you think people will appreciate a.k.a buy mini games ? I know that todays games somehow must have depths in it even those shareware games but back when I was a kid I crave for silly donkey-kong gamewatch (how simple was that) so I guess maybe I have a chance.. what do you guys think ??
Ride the thrill of your life
Play Motorama
Advertisement
i think u should run with it!!

and see if u can get some of those games on mobile phones/devices!

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Well, just look at games like WarioWare. Although the game is little more than a bunch of minigames, a lot of people still like.

Since minigames usually lack the depth of bigger ones, it may help to make the game extremely addictive.
Sites like Gamehouse and Popcap seem to be doing pretty good selling games of this type. Usually they'll have a free web version and a "super" or "deluxe" version, which I prefer since I'm not about to buy a game (or waste time downloading a "free trial") without knowing what it's like. A few sites (Pogo for example) have paid memberships that allow you to access more games, but I'm not a fan of that idea.

P.S. Slyball is strangely addictive, because it's just a teensy bit different from all the other "match 3" games out there. I've only managed to get to level 3 so far though. :P
If a squirrel is chasing you, drop your nuts and run.
Quote:Original post by Alpha_ProgDes
i think u should run with it!!

and see if u can get some of those games on mobile phones/devices!

This is where its at man. Right now, its somewhat difficult for the average user to download games that arent directlky supported by their service provider, so ts kind of tough.

What I'd reccomend, tho, is to make these games for Cell Phones, but find some way to make it way easy for the user to download the game onto their phone, and have their service charge for it, and give you the money.

Im not sure how the business works but hopefuilly you coudl do that. Then start running ads to people you know about how your site is all about cell phone games. Maybe even have some free ones for people. Right now, the movement to playing cell games is slow. Everyone has Tetris and some Cel version of a popular next gen console game (splinter cell, call of duty, etc), and those dont live up to the hype at all. If people download a game knowing its a mini game, then they wil like it more than if they buy a minigame thinking its something on part with a GBA version of splinter cell.
Also, I think 2$ per game is fair. 5$ per game is a rip off. If you got 100,000 people playing your game, thats 200,000 dollars. The more people are happy with your games, the more people will play them.

It needs a massive jump start, and this sort of thing will help that.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement