Why Did Maya Civilization Disappear?

Started by
0 comments, last by GameDev.net 19 years, 5 months ago
According to some guy on Discovery Channel the Maya civilization disappeared because it was hit by a horrible dryout which caused the death of upto 80-90% of all Maya people. :) It seems that the same kind of dryout has hit me, when it comes to using the Maya program to create some animated models for exporting to my game. While there is a working plugin for Maya 6.0 in the latest DX SDK. There is absolutely no information how Maya should be used properly to create 3D models for export to .X files. It exports some geometry, some animation but mostly no materials. I cannot figure out what's going on. It seems that many people have the same problem. I have googled and googled for hours (or maybe days) with no luck. Any ideas how Maya 6.0 could be used to create games without the need to write my own exporters? Is there anyone who has been successful and is willing to help the community?
Another nameless person in the virtual space...
Advertisement
Maya should come with Game Exporter, read the manual. It'll export material and other stuff.

On top of that, Maya can spit out CG shader too, you may have to look at NVIDIA or Alias website for the plugin.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement