• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
stereotypical

how to create an execution file with an icon

This topic is 5013 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hey, how do i create an execution file for my program in directx? im using VC++6.0......... my program works fine with a scene and stuff..........i only know how to compile and execute........ i tried to use the execution file in the debug folder but it doesnt seem to work.....nothing appears even after ive compiled my program.......it works only when i use the compiler........ do i create a new resource template? or resource script? or icon file? can someone show the proper steps to create an execution file with an icon?? thanks

Advertisement
Unfortunately, I borked my Visual Studio installation yesterday, so I'm working from memory. However, there's a "Set Active Configuration" option somewhere [I believe its under Project, or else Build], that should let you chose between a Debug Build and a Release Build. Chosing a Release Build, and recompiling, will create a Release folder just like there's a Debug folder now, and inside you'll have your executable.

If you're asking how to set the icon for the executable, I don't know.

CM

thanks but i dun think i wana change it to retail afraid it might screw up

ok ive added a resource script to my project.......then i double clicked on the folder and imported my icon.......
wat next?? i still only have a .rc file in my project folder......

anyone?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!