• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Strange SDL Problems in Windows

This topic is 4957 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've noticed that the Windows version (http://stevensaysno.com/tyrianclone.zip) of my game has some rather strange bugs that the Linux version (http://stevensaysno.com/tyrianclone.tar.gz) doesn't. It seems to treat mouse clicks differently and randomly crashes, among other things. The Linux version works perfectly (as far as I can tell). Are there any known differences between the Windows and Linux versions of SDL? I'm using version 1.2.7 for both.

Advertisement
There are differences. The API is not designed.... very.... awesomely?

You'll find that you can get away with things on linux that are, in fact, errors, except not on linux.

I'd say, fix in on windows, and keep track of what things you needed to change, and never do that stuff again.

I suppose I could look at your code, but Farscape is on.

Is there a list somewhere of what kinds of things you can get away with on Linux that Windows wouldn't like? I've got about 2800+ lines of code and would rather not go through it all looking for something vague.

On a side note, if anybody has any suggestions or notices any bugs, please post them. Obviously, I don't want to hear about any bugs in the Windows version, but if anything goes wrong with the Linux version, please tell me.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!