• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Nokia S60 emulator question

This topic is 4830 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm porting some j2me games to a another language using unicode.I've tried using the default S60 Concept SDK emulator and i notice that the text comes out as garbage as i didn't toggle the language setting.Is there any language setting i can toggle to for the s60 emulator?I know there is a language setting for the 7210 emulator so that you can use that to display other languages.

Advertisement
Firstly, what language? If its something like chinese then you'll be needing another emulator. The Series 60 Chinese Emulator.

Quote:
Original post by kooktroop
Firstly, what language? If its something like chinese then you'll be needing another emulator. The Series 60 Chinese Emulator.

It's russian language.

Moose,

are you aware of what languages exist in j2me?

by default J2me supports latin-roman languages..

unless vendor does a special handset with non roman/n on latin language you cannto display the language..ie you would have to convert the russian slavic stuff to latin/roman display..

for example dupa is the roman/latin display of the russina word..whereas in russian slavic stlye it woudl ook different..

read up on which unicode is supported by default on j2me out of box..

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement