• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Untitled[solved]

This topic is 4931 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hiya! Started working on a new dx9 project today (been a while). Using MSVC6. Problem is I get this linker error that I´ve never encountered before Linking... d3dx9.lib(cpudetect.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___security_cookie d3dx9.lib(ssefasttable.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___security_cookie d3dx9.lib(d3dxmathx3d.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___security_cookie d3dx9.lib(cpudetect.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol @__security_check_cookie@4 d3dx9.lib(ssefasttable.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol @__security_check_cookie@4 d3dx9.lib(d3dxmathx3d.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol @__security_check_cookie@4 Debug/3D Editor.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals Error executing link.exe. I´ve linked d3d9.lib and d3dx9.lib and included the headers, worked fine until I added d3dx9.lib/h. Any ideas on what the problem is? Cheers! [Edited by - shakazed on October 25, 2004 1:06:30 AM]

Advertisement
MSVC 6 is no longer supported by the versions of the libs which come in the standard DirectX 9 SDK installation.

Download "DirectX 9.0 SDK Update (October 2004) Extras" from http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/directx.asp

The Extras package contains libraries that will work with MSVC 6. You'll need to use the version of D3DX in the "D3dx9 Visual Studio 6" folder if you want to use MSVC 6.

You're probably best copying the libs over the new ones in the include folder, and the DLL over the one in the Windows folder.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement