• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
TheArtifex

Santus Legacy Online :: Being redesigned, input appreciated.

This topic is 5010 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
Would you mind specifying which grey text?

I really hope you're not talking about the copyright information. ^^

That's intended to be subtle. ;)

Thanks for checking it out!

i agree with Alpha_ProgDes that the wording is very small (my res was 1280x784). also, are you planning on removing the frames ? overall, the site looks excellent. i enjoyed the intro.
cheeers.

Just making sure I've got ye- you do mean the actual website's text- not the copyright disclaimer text at the bottom of the intro pages, right?

Anyway, thanks for the perks. The flash thing turned out a lot better than I envisioned. ^^

Can't wait to do it with in-game footage, though.

well i don't know which flash thing you're talking about.
are you referring to the first page that has alot of big black space and has "Skip Intro" at the top?

also yeah i didn't realized you wanted the copyright info discreet. most people color so everyone can see.

but the text on the main page is too small. i chose 1024x768 and still couldn't see anything.

but other than that, as stormrunner said, the site looks nice.

I chose 1024x768, which is the size of my display. I have to say, having three separate scrollable windows is just crazy. Terrible, terrible UI design.

"I chose 1024x768, which is the size of my display. I have to say, having three separate scrollable windows is just crazy. Terrible, terrible UI design."

To:

"At 1024x768, I noticed that all three frames were too big to fit into their frames without scrolling. This resulted in having three scrollable vertical frames side-by-side, which is very unnappealing and poor practice. I understand that your site is optimized for 1280x1024, but I think you should reconsider going for a more widespread common: 1024x768. Very few people use 1280x1024, after all. Anyway, I would really try to find some way to reduce the frame-count. Perhaps you could just have the news bar as an entirely seperate page?"

Do I understand you correctly?

By the way, I enlarged the font and cleaned up the flash intro quite a bit. I'm also becoming aware that the flash intro doesn't like to work outside of IE and Netscape. I'll be working on this.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Quote:
"I chose 1024x768, which is the size of my display. I have to say, having three separate scrollable windows is just crazy. Terrible, terrible UI design."

not exactly constructive criticism, but i would agree that the frames are a bit distracting. i did run it in 1280x1024 mode which i thought was pretty good. still, the white separator lines were a little too bright, perhaps you could tone them down ? the rest of the site seems significantly darker. that may be just me.

i do concur with the idea of having a page for the news, but also had the home page display the latest updates *cough* gdnet style. theres many ways you can go with that. also, perhaps placing something more in the overview section (the middle) would make it look more active (per se), the news is kind of off to the side. or you could simply enlarge the news bar.

keep up the good work. cheers.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!