• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

I need help on this project....

This topic is 4930 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey everyone, I have a project in school and I have one question. What program/language/script/etc is used most for all computer games? I would like to know at least 2 competative program/language/script/etc to compare in making games. What i am planning to do is try to make the same game in 2 different programs and compare which is more successfull. Thanks!

Advertisement
[google]

Also, try comparing a language like C++ to a scripting language to oh say Python. That can show how much slower Python is to C++ but how much faster development time is in Python.

Ok. My knowledge of programming is VERY lttle. I have heard of Basic, C++, C, and others i forgot. I just want to know what 2 languages is fast to learn, easy to use, and can make similar games. If possiblem, plz tell me about them! Sry for being such a newb and all. thanks anyways

Well, lemme ask you this then. How long do you have? If you have a few months, you can surely take the time to learn a little bit of C++ and Python to make a Tic Tac Toe clone or some type of text adventure.

A year is more than enough time to make even a Pong clone in both languages. Well, that's if SDL works with Python. And if it doesn't, you can try another language. If you work on it every day or almost every day, you'll have no problem doing so. And besides, you've got a ton of people here who would always be willing to help you out.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement