Sign in to follow this  

Linker problem

This topic is 4832 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I don’t know if I accidentally changed something in my linker settings or what, but all of the sudden I am getting some linker errors. Here is the deal: I’ve got a header file called main.h where I keep all of my other headers and place inside my all of my .cpp files. Also in my main.h, I have a couple of functions defined(Normalize() and VectZero()). Now, I get linker errors saying that my functions have already been defined in someobject.obj . I don’t get it. A few moments ago everything compiled fine. Things went bad when I entered another function into main.h. I took it out, but everything is still screwed up.

I'm going to guess that before they were being inlined, and something you did when you added the other function stopped the inlining of the functions.

It sounds like that happened, even though I don’t quite know what you are talking about. What is inlining?

edit: is that where you put inline infront of a function so it doesn't jump over to the function or am I thinking of something else.

If your running Visual studio you can do a build clean. That may help the problem where you take the function out of main.h, but it still gets errors.

Alright, I've added the inline keyword to the functions and now it runs ok. Thanks. I'm just curious How adding the function got to one state where it would compile to a state where it wouldn't compile.

This topic is 4832 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.