• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

VB.NET books...

This topic is 4925 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I found these two books and I want to ask which in your opinion is best, "Beginning VB.NET 2003" and "Sams Teach Yourself Microsoft Visual Basic .NET 2003 in 21 Days, 2nd Edition". Which one do you recommend? Also, I am trying to find a book that deals with VB.NET and MDX but I cant seem to locate any, do you know of such a book?

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by Stranger
Also, I am trying to find a book that deals with VB.NET and MDX but I cant seem to locate any, do you know of such a book?

There aren't any books that I know of that deal with VB.NET, but there are some for C#. Managed DX: Kickstart, by Tom Miller is an excellent book, and the code on the CD is in both C# and VB.NET 2003.

You know where I can download the code of the book since Sams site isnt giving it?
I have the DX9 SDK but i cant seem to find the managed VB examples why is that?

I installed the October 2004 SDK update a few days ago. I have VB.NET samples with my installation. Have you picked up the latest SDK?

I've got 26 samples.

As for the recommendation on Tom Miller's "Managed DirectX: Kick Start" I can second that. It's a well written book that quickly covers the ground necessary to get you up and moving in DirectX. If you're an intermediate or better programmer the book is excellent.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement