Creating a Texture in PHP and OpenGL

Started by
1 comment, last by marklit 19 years, 5 months ago
I am trying to create a graphics engine using OpenGL and PHP. I am currently trying to create a completly white texture to test out the texturing capabilities. My idea is to create an array 256x256x3 of the value 255 to create a completely white texture. When I do this in C it works fine but in PHP I get a array of red, blue, green and black lines texturing the cube. I have built a webpage detailing this problem: http://www.marksblogg.com/opengl-php-texturing/ The texture creation happens in the following code. I appolgies that I didn't clean up the code more prior to this. Any help or ideas would be greatly appriciated. $textpoint = null; $p = ""; $pos = 0; for( $x = 0; $x < 256; $x ++ ) for( $y = 0; $y < 256; $y ++ ) for( $d = 0; $d < 4; $d ++ ) { // comes up black: //$p[ $pos ] = sprintf( "%c", 255 ); // comes up with Red, green, blue, black stripes //$p[ $pos ] = 0xff; // comes up with Red, green, blue, black stripes $p[ $pos ] = 255; $pos ++; } glGenTextures(1, &$textpoint ); glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, $textpoint[ 0 ] ); glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D,GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER,GL_LINEAR); glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D,GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER,GL_LINEAR); glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, 3, 256, 256, 0, GL_RGB, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, $p);
Advertisement
Quote:
for( $x = 0; $x < 256; $x ++ )
for( $y = 0; $y < 256; $y ++ )
for( $d = 0; $d < 4; $d ++ )

Isn't this 256x256x4? Either change GL_RGB to GL_RGBA or build an 256x256x3 array.
Cheers for the reply. I did that and it came back completely red, that was using:

glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, 3,
256, 256,
0, GL_RGBA, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, $p);

Any ideas?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement