• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

c++ inserting empty lines in a file

This topic is 4929 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I have a csv file which has always the following format: ########################### [1] General Data ;User_name ;User_password ;User_profile ;[2]General parameters ;;Id_info ;;Id_rule ;;Id_format ;;Id_number ;;[3]General declarations ;;;Var_number ;;;Var_type ;;;Var_name ;;;[4]General info ;;;;My_name ;;;;My_age etc... ########################### and I want to enter a new empty line after each line excepting the lines that have [1].....[100], and excepting the line with User_name For example I want that in the end my file to look like this: ########################### [1] General Data ;User_name ;User_password ;User_profile ;[2]General parameters ;;Id_info ;;Id_rule ;;Id_format ;;Id_number ;;[3]General declarations ;;;Var_number ;;;Var_type ;;;Var_name ;;;[4]General info ;;;;My_name ;;;;My_age etc... ########################### How do I do this? Thanks in advance, bory

Advertisement
Hello,
I have done the following code but it doesn't eneter any new line in my file.
<code>
#include <string.h>
#include <iostream.h>
#include <fstream.h>
#include <stdio.h>
using namespace std;

int main (char* v, char** t)
{

ifstream input;
input.open("test0.csv");

const int MAXLINE=255;
char buffer[MAXLINE];

while ( !input.eof())
{
input.getline(buffer, MAXLINE);
string line(buffer);
int length=line.length();
for (int i=0; i<=length;i++)
{
if (line != '[')
{
cout << endl;
}
}
}
}
</code>
Thanks in advance,
bory

I'm confused. Are you trying to write a file with empty lines or read a file that has empty lines? If the former is the case just do what the Jinjo said. In the latter you can just read the file line by line. I don't understand the need for your for statement at all.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement