AOL newbs actually exist. They are no longer a myth.

Started by
70 comments, last by Oluseyi 19 years, 5 months ago
So as we were all casually chatting on #gamedev about fairly random things (like usual), when a certain "vipejc" logged onto the channel via the site's jIRC client claiming to have brilliant hockey game design ideas. Anyway, he was a complete idiot (and has actually signed up to the forums already), but what the funniest and perhaps scariest fact of all was - that he uses AOL. Yep, folks, he uses AOL. He was a complete idiot that uses AOL. All of the AOL stereotypes applied to him. Truly astounding. And without further adue, from beginning to very end; The Tragic Tale of an AOL Escapee. Enjoy!
_________________Politics is the ability to foretell what is going to happen tomorrow, next week, next month and next year. And to have the ability afterwards to explain why it didn't happen. -- Winston ChurchillGDNet-0.2 - rate users the easy way with this nifty Firefox extension. Updated with new features.
Advertisement

Man, you were four minutes too late!
¨@_
Quote:Original post by Snaily

Man, you were four minutes too late!

Awsome.
_________________Politics is the ability to foretell what is going to happen tomorrow, next week, next month and next year. And to have the ability afterwards to explain why it didn't happen. -- Winston ChurchillGDNet-0.2 - rate users the easy way with this nifty Firefox extension. Updated with new features.
Quote:
kook i am a natural born executive producer with no industry experience or education

Priceless.
heya,

Not to be mean or prejudiced or anything, but I've found that the majority of AOL users [who post] on the net are AOL newbs. It's really quite scary when you read a post thinking "definitely an AOL user" and you get to the end and they give their AOL email address. Maybe it's just a sixth sense or something though...

And, nice timing.

//end rant;

CJM
What can I say?
Quote:<Oluseyi> Ainokea, i can't actually fart the national anthem

wait, is oluyesi refering to the American national anthem because that's a complex tune. No one expects him to be able to toot that.
-Yo, I couldn''t think of anything else for my sig.TobiasA+, Linux+
Oluseyi definitely gets a rating++ for starting to make that game
Work in progress, but...

hockey 0.1

I took down the rough sketches and bundled them into the archive. I think I'll keep at it. (The code's horrendous!)

Requires Python and PyGame.
Quote:[03:55] <vipejc> does anyone in here have hockey programming skills?
[03:56] <vipejc> i know
[03:56] <Oluseyi> you don't program hockey
[03:56] <vipejc> ur so slow
[03:56] [Drevay] yah, you program games
[03:56] <Oluseyi> your question is malformed
[03:56] <Promit> "does anyone in here have hockey programming skills?" -- omg.
[03:56] <vipejc> ur brain is malformed
[03:56] [Drevay] vipejc, i think this is a vice versa situation
[03:56] <Promit> ...
[03:56] <Ainokea> I gotz mad hockey programming skillz
[03:56] <Oluseyi> your mother is malformed
[03:56] <Ainokea> I program skating and shit

ROFL .... AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHa

why am I never on IRC when something cool happens :(

[Edited by - snisarenko on October 31, 2004 4:16:03 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement