Question about books

Started by
2 comments, last by Haytil 19 years, 5 months ago
I'm about to purchase another book on game programming. (Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus, 2nd Ed) My question is about Amazon.com. Does it ship with the CD resources or not? It doesn't mention them and also the first edition copy has seperate listings for the book with and without the CDs. Will I get the CDs and do I need them?
Advertisement
If the book you are buying comes with a cd, it will come, regardless of whether you do it through Amazon or not. Make sure, though, that you get the version that has the CD. I have seen some books come in two editions: one with the companion cd, and one without (different prices, of course). So, make sure you are getting the right version (if there are two that seem to be the same but have different prices, I would wage that the more expensive one comes with a cd). I would always get the book with the cd; if nothing more, it is good to have the code examples already typed out for you, so messing around with the source (something I find vastly informative) is easy.
----------------------------------------------------"Plant a tree. Remove a Bush" -A bumper sticker I saw.
I can only agree. I have that book, and the CD is really useful. Without it some things might stay unclear what is meant in the book
-----------------Live for the LordRide for the Lordwww.sturmnacht.de.vu
The CD comes with all the source code, a LOT of bonus articles/chapters, free music and sound FX, and an introductory version of Microsoft Visual C++ (6.0, I believe).

The CD is definetely worth any extra price.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement