Official Election Day Thread

Started by
604 comments, last by Sander 19 years, 5 months ago
Note For Ohio-ians

The republicans won their appeal and your vote may be challanged today.

If someone challanges your vote:
1) You may request their entire name, address and district. If they don't belong to your district, you can ignore them. They only have a legal right if they belong in your district.

2) Second: ask for and fill out a provisional ballot. DO NOT LEAVE WITHOUT FILLING OUT A PROVISIONAL BALLOT
Advertisement
I voted early too, I'm not going to be around a TV all day, is there somewhere online I can get good coverage?

Edit:
here I guess
I will be voting at lunch (here in about two hours). I wonder when we'll see some of the first exit poll numbers from the states?
Lovely

I don't care which end of the political spectrum you're on, this is pretty ridiculous.

Quote:
poll watchers found nearly 2000 votes already planted on machines scattered throughout the city...
Quote:Original post by jakem3s90
Lovely

I don't care which end of the political spectrum you're on, this is pretty ridiculous.

Quote:
poll watchers found nearly 2000 votes already planted on machines scattered throughout the city...

Looks like the GOP has already rigged this one :(
Quote:Original post by Roach
I voted - and went for the popular "All incubants must go" selections in my home state of Mass. Unfortunitly, in my state - no one wants to run against the incumbants - so I wrote myself in instead (State Senate).

Seriously? I don't think that in even municipal elections here in Canada that we can write-in on the ballots. If you really did this, I'd love to see the unabridged final results so I can see the vote for you.

Quote:Original post by Binomine
Note For Ohio-ians

The republicans won their appeal and your vote may be challanged today.

If someone challanges your vote:
1) You may request their entire name, address and district. If they don't belong to your district, you can ignore them. They only have a legal right if they belong in your district.

2) Second: ask for and fill out a provisional ballot. DO NOT LEAVE WITHOUT FILLING OUT A PROVISIONAL BALLOT

I'd add this: Keep the phone number of your lawyer nearby in case they don't give you that provisional ballot or they have the cops take you away.

Chris 'coldacid' Charabaruk – Programmer, game designer, writer | twitter

Hopefully this time they don't goof and prematurely announce the results in certain states before everything is tallied. Last election, some voters turned around in their cars because they heard it was over, and then had to go back again, not to mention motivating some voters to decide a certain way and get others to vote when they otherwise weren't going to.
It's not what you're taught, it's what you learn.
Is there a place to find a live feed from Comedy Central or something? The Daily Show is hilarious, but they don't show it here.
Quote:Original post by robinei
Is there a place to find a live feed from Comedy Central or something? The Daily Show is hilarious, but they don't show it here.

They have clips on their website (comedycentral.com). They're going to be having a live show when the west coast polls close tonight at 10 ET, so they might have a live web link. Jon Stewart was hilarious once again last night.
oh hai
Quote:Original post by Saruman
Quote:Original post by jakem3s90
Lovely

Quote:

Looks like the GOP has already rigged this one :(

Not all Republicans are corrupt - and not all Democrats are saints either. Unless you have some hard facts saying that it was GOP members that planted the votes - don't spread rumors - it's disrespectful of both parties.

Remember - "vote planting" is nothing new - it happens in almost every election. Lyndon Johnson was famous for having his cronies plant votes for him.

Roach

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement