Is DarkBASIC Pro The Best Current Software To Create A Hockey Video Game?

Started by
91 comments, last by superpig 19 years, 5 months ago
Ok, there is one major difference between you and most of the members of this site. You see, we all have 15,000 ideas for a variety of things. I have earth-shattering ideas for adventure games, RPGs, FPSs, and sport games that would honestly receive perfect 10's and sell 50 billion units worldwide. However, I am a programmer (and you are not). This means I know how to implement my ideas into a product (and you do not). I also realize that my ideas are a huge undertaking (and you do not). You probably won't see me posting on these forums about "OMFG!!!11one!! HOW DO I PROGRAM THEsE SWEEEET RPGs??" Instead, I try to ask more focused questions, in the process of trying to bring my ideas to a completed product.

So I recommend you take your 15,000 ideas and put them in a drawer. Buy a copy of one of those "Teach yourself C++ in 5 minutes" books, and take your time and read it (once you are done, read it again). I've been programming in C++ for 5-6 years, and I won't dare call myself an expert in it. People on this forum teach me something new every day (well, almost). However, if I wanted to write a tetris clone, I could in a decent amount of time.

I wish you good luck.

*edit: I type faster than I think :)
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by vipejc
Twix, thats ok I don't pay their type any mind.

I like your style. Be sure to give us an update if someone ever actually agrees to make this game for you, since it seems we have a lot of unbelievers here. [wink]
Twix, thanks for the compliment. But I highly doubt anyone will ever agree to carry out my idea. So I will have to do it myself.
Well in that case, you'd better learn C++. It's the game industry's pet language, so there are a lot more resources for it than for anything else. Enjoy!
You have no experiance, there is a reason it takes 40 people with years of experiance at least 6 months to make hockey games like ESPN2k5, this is like a bavy trying to paint the Mona Lisa!
If DarkBASIC Pro is a professional video game making program. Then is it true that it is incapable of making a EA Sports or ESPN quality hockey game?
Quote:Original post by vipejc
If DarkBASIC Pro is a professional video game making program. Then is it true that it is incapable of making a EA Sports or ESPN quality hockey game?

No, I just meant that it's never been done. But in any case, I'm going to have to tell you this right now -- you are not going to be able to make a game worthy of EA Sports. It's just not possible for one person, no matter what programs you use. Scale down your ambitions (or somehow conscript a large team of programmers and artists), and your project will end happier.
Did they just come out with DarkBASIC 1337 edition with a 'create best hockey game ever' button built right into it?

I think it has some checkboxes that pop right up:

_ Better then EA Sports
_ Better then all hockey games.
_ Better Graphics
_ More features
_ Smoother Gameplay

You just click those boxes, and voila.. all done!

Quote:Original post by aegrimonia
Did they just come out with DarkBASIC 1337 edition with a 'create best hockey game ever' button built right into it?

_ Better then EA Sports
_ Better Graphics
_ More features
_ Smoother Gameplay

i hear there's a plugin that tests your game auto generates content for it & then auto mails it to publishers & self publish it if it doens't get any mail back for 24 hour with auto price adjusting depending on demand too & all that for only 9.99!
Quote:Original post by ranakor
Quote:Original post by aegrimonia

_ Better then EA Sports
_ Better Graphics
_ More features
_ Smoother Gameplay

i hear there's a plugin that tests your game auto generates content for it & then auto mails it to publishers & self publish it if it doens't get any mail back for 24 hour with auto price adjusting depending on demand too & all that for only 9.99!

Oh it gets better! I hear GNU is making their own version of the program, because RMS is just such a big fan of it and all. "I seriously took one look at it and thought, 'Hey, we can't live without this!'"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement