Is DarkBASIC Pro The Best Current Software To Create A Hockey Video Game?

Started by
91 comments, last by superpig 19 years, 5 months ago
I am a newbie and would like to create a hockey video game, that is ESPN 2k, and EA SPORTS NHL quality. Is DarkBASIC Pro the best current software do this with? And if not then what is?
Advertisement
Can't you just go outside and play hockey like any other kid?
www.aidanwalsh(.net)(.info)
This is comparable to someone with no experience in architecture asking how many nails will be required to build a skyscraper.

Postpone your plans; they are not attainable in the forseeable future. If you are genuinely interested in this, start by learning to program much simpler things.
You don't need to vote for the "lesser of two evils"! Learn about Instant Runoff Voting, the simple cure for a broken democracy!
Best thread ever!

You need to know assembler if you want to make a *hockey* video game. There's just no other way.

Look here
Quote:Original post by Zorodius
This is comparable to someone with no experience in architecture asking how many nails will be required to build a skyscraper.
Nuh-uh.

Sticky tape.
The best language for a hockey game is without doubt "bf".
dev c++ is the best tool for most anything, basic is a good tou for kids. go to www.cprogramming.com
there are 10 types of people in this world, those who can do bianary and those who cant.
For those who have not seen it before, click here.
Seriously mate, try and learn some programming first. Write a snake clone or version of tetris. You'll just get abuse from the Lounge anyway; For Beginners is probably a better bet.
Just learn to take advice. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, it's just people around here tend to know what they're on about and if you don't pay any attention to their views then you won't get anywhere.

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

Oh my god vipejc youve made my day! Correction youve made my week! now im going to have to wipe the Cola off my monitor and keyboard;)

With regrads to you IRC and other thread post, Your super 1337 world changing hockey shouldnt be developed in DB. your going to be better off learning something like C++ and how to use a graphics API like DirectX or OpenGL.

Best of luck!, glad to see your trying now :)
Quote:Original post by BosskIn Soviet Russia, you STFU WITH THOSE LAME JOKES!
Quote:Original post by vipejc
I am a newbie and would like to create a hockey video game, that is ESPN 2k, and EA SPORTS NHL quality. Is DarkBASIC Pro the best current software do this with? And if not then what is?

Yes for sure! DarkBASIC Pro has a "Create Hockey Game" feature and it lets you build games better than companies with 50+ employees working on them full time with millions of dollars of backing. Go for it! :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement