What Is The Current Best Game Creation Software Program?

Started by
18 comments, last by Andrew Russell 19 years, 5 months ago
Quote:Original post by Andrew Russell
You could look at the Torque Game Engine. It seems to be rather nice.
Umm... for 'one of us' this might be a feasible option, however much that I've heard suggests that you have to be at least halfway competent in C++ to use Torque.

I'd suggest he take a look at Clickteam's products. I used The Games Factory briefly (many moons ago, before I realized that writing a game yourself is easier in the long run, and gives you maximum control). Try Jamagic - "Jamagic provides powerful 3D capabilities that transport your creative insight and production requirements into new dimensions ... at lightspeed. Never before has this kind of 3D power been available so affordably." Sounds like just the kind of software a creative genius such as vipejc needs...
Advertisement
There is no such thing as game creation software. If you want to make a game, go learn a programming language. I suggest c++ or java. Now, once you know how to program, write the code for the game and compile it. Also incase you are wondering, the code for a game will NOT look like this:
Quote:
:Make the awsome puck
:Give player X players to play
:Make flaming Number in score
:END
hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia- the fear of big words
Quote:Original post by Gunslinger RR
There is no such thing as game creation software. If you want to make a game, go learn a programming language. I suggest c++ or java. Now, once you know how to program, write the code for the game and compile it. Also incase you are wondering, the code for a game will NOT
look like this:
Quote:
:Make the awsome puck
:Give player X players to play
:Make flaming Number in score
:END

*remembers the "shoot em up construction kit" from days of old*

SO there used to be drag 'n drop game creators. Goodness knows if there still are.

As far as languages go, just play with whatever. You can write a game in anything if you put your mind to it. Heck I used to write games in Pascal back in the day. Just get on with it!
Anything posted is personal opinion which does not in anyway reflect or represent my employer. Any code and opinion is expressed “as is” and used at your own risk – it does not constitute a legal relationship of any kind.
Quote:Original post by paulecoyote
*remembers the "shoot em up construction kit" from days of old*

SO there used to be drag 'n drop game creators. Goodness knows if there still are.

As far as languages go, just play with whatever. You can write a game in anything if you put your mind to it. Heck I used to write games in Pascal back in the day. Just get on with it!

Wow! We had that for our C64 ^_^ Oh, the memories... but I was like 5-6 then and couldn't read English very well so I had no idea how it worked.

/MindWipe
"To some its a six-pack, to me it's a support group."
OK, look, we've already talked to you about this. Just go with whatever suits your needs.

I find it harder and harder, with each post he makes, to believe this isn't someone "having a laugh" at the user's expense.

Yep.
www.aidanwalsh(.net)(.info)
Quote:Original post by Umbongo
OK, look, we've already talked to you about this. Just go with whatever suits your needs.

I find it harder and harder, with each post he makes, to believe this isn't someone "having a laugh" at the user's expense.

Probate his ass.
Considering the fact that he starts a thread with essentially the same title over and over and then never replies to any of the responses, I call troll.
"When you die, if you get a choice between going to regular heaven or pie heaven, choose pie heaven. It might be a trick, but if it's not, mmmmmmm, boy."
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way.
Quote:Original post by doodle_sketch

Yep.

Haha! I thought there must be. Gotta be a market for people whom want a real quick fix in gamedev!

Quote:
Considering the fact that he starts a thread with essentially the same title over and over and then never replies to any of the responses, I call troll.

... may be he's a gold fish. Or like that woman in 50 first dates. Or perhaps he's like a guy in this office, whom goes around asking multiple people the same question until he gets an answer he likes
Anything posted is personal opinion which does not in anyway reflect or represent my employer. Any code and opinion is expressed “as is” and used at your own risk – it does not constitute a legal relationship of any kind.
Quote:Original post by CodeMunkie

Actually, we've had non-trolls who have made plenty of posts that are just as rediculious. But very well - There is a simple way to see if he is a troll:

Vipejc: If you post again asking about how you're going to create your whacky hocky game, then I'll ban you for trolling. The information you require has already been given to you, and is also available from the resources on GameDev.net (particualarly here). Good luck.

This is floating off topic anyway... *BA-CLOSED-ED*

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement