Apparently airmiles doesn't place much value on security these days [picture]

Started by
10 comments, last by Agent1 19 years, 5 months ago
I was checking my airmiles account balance a few days ago, and I discovered I had about 1700 airmiles points availible for spending. I browsed and browsed the online catalog, and finally decided that rather than purchasing travel tickets, or a cappachino machine, I would invest in some nice SanDisk Ultra CF cards. The Lexar CF cards blow these boys out of the water, and the Ultra IIIs that sandisk is preparing to release (133x IIRC) blows even the 80x lexars out of the water, but my camera has a nice fat buffer so there's really no point in me buying an ultra fast card. Long story short, I found myself in the online order form, and notcced that you could change the shipping name and address. Being the smartass that I am, I quickly changed the "ship to name:" field. The resulsts speak for themselves. (scanned btw) I was quite suprised I got a confirmation letter after only about 5 days. You'd think they would have someone keeping an eye out for things like this. After all someone could have hijacked my airmiles account and cashed out all my reward points! Talk about security breech. After I recieve my cards, I will certainly be writting them a letter. I cant wait to see the look on the courier's face. >:)
Advertisement
LOL!
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
That was pretty damn good [lol]

This reminds me of the time that I 'accidentally' set my title on my tax return form to 'Wing Commander'. It wasn't till two years later that I realized that all my correspondence from the tax department was addressed to "WNG CMDR Quin Pendragon"... oops :P (true story, I can likewise provide scannies if requested)
Quote:Original post by fractoid

This reminds me of the time that I 'accidentally' set my title on my tax return form to 'Wing Commander'. It wasn't till two years later that I realized that all my correspondence from the tax department was addressed to "WNG CMDR Quin Pendragon"... oops :P (true story, I can likewise provide scannies if requested)

It is imperative that you do, sirs!
"I want to make a simple MMORPG first" - Fenryl
Will do so first thing Monday, as I don't have a scanner at home. Here's hoping I can still find the papers (I really really need to get myself a filing cabinet). [grin]
heh.. reminds me of a dirty trick i pulled while in the navy years ago (it's past the statute of limitations, so i'll talk about it now (for national security purposes)..

hehe.. anyway.. i ordered a crapload of columbia house CD's and i forget the name of the other company that did it.. and i had them send it to my box on the navy base..

I used the name: "Bo Xholder"

So it looked like Box Holder :)

I can still remember the postal guy asking me if i wanted the package, it was addressed to 'box holder' as he said it.. I said sure, i'll check it out.

good ol' Bo! ;)

I don't understand what is so funny or insecure in that. People do change their names, and it is not their business to verify each single name they get. Most likely they just print those things with minimal human intervention.
The best thing to do would be to order stuff as "Hussein, Saddam" or "Laden, Osama bin"

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

Quote:Original post by benryves
The best thing to do would be to order stuff as "Hussein, Saddam" or "Laden, Osama bin"
O_o
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement