"I'm sorry, you may only use this form to send one message.[...]"

Started by
3 comments, last by grekster 19 years, 5 months ago
ARG!!! Just about every time I try to spend a PM, after spending 10-30 minutes typing it, I press submit and get an error message from GDNet stating:
I'm sorry, you may only use this form to send one message. Please click the "Compose New Message" link again to continue.
It wouldn't be so bad, except that once I've gotten this message, the contents of my message are gone permanently and backing up doesn't brink back the text =-( I'm NOT trying to send two PMs using the same form, so I'm not sure why this message comes up, but it really is infuriating to spend 30 minutes typing a 'post' only to have it eating and gone forever. I'm reminding of the server errors that occured randomly when posting for a time and the memory is not a good one =-( EDIT: Oh, the injustice. As I post this I get http response code 500 and a double post to go with it.
"Walk not the trodden path, for it has borne it's burden." -John, Flying Monk
Advertisement
Yeah, I've hit this a couple of times too. For anything but the shortest PM, I've taken to copying the contents of the edit box to the clipboard before I send.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

It happens if you open a new window in IE even if you use the original window to send the message.
Quote:Original post by BosskIn Soviet Russia, you STFU WITH THOSE LAME JOKES!
Quote:Original post by grekster
It happens if you open a new window in IE even if you use the original window to send the message.
Thats a pretty big bug, because I always use control-n+_ to open dictionary.com/google/etc to check what I'm typing.
"Walk not the trodden path, for it has borne it's burden." -John, Flying Monk
Quote:Original post by Extrarius
Quote:Original post by grekster
Thats a pretty big bug, because I always use control-n+_ to open dictionary.com/google/etc to check what I'm typing.

Exactly:(
Quote:Original post by BosskIn Soviet Russia, you STFU WITH THOSE LAME JOKES!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement