free chess ai?

Started by
6 comments, last by Koroljov 19 years, 5 months ago
hi, i am making a 3d chess game with network support but i cannot make ai for this. are there any good and simple open source chess ai? if not i will make it only multiplay... i know all game depends on ai, grapic is not problem but i don't know how to calculate plays, and don't want to learn :D, its not my job ;)
+-+-+-+-+-STR
Advertisement
so, do a web search for "open source chess". I know several ai's, Crafty that plays very well, and Phalanx that play not so well.

edit: and as chess player i can say: i never wanted to use 3D rendering of 2D chess board on PC, absolutely never, and know no chess player that needed it. Everything i need is purely 2D board like display on the wall, simple and useful, preferably done in vector graphics and therefore resizeable to custom size/resolution... and almost no board program supports it [grin]

But i would like 3D 8x8x8 chess.
of course, i made searchs before, but i coud not find good ones.
i know 3d chess games are not as playable as 2d ones.
8x8x8 wow! maybe a 4x4x4 game but not chess, i code my own rules :D

thank you..

sorry for bad english..
+-+-+-+-+-STR
Add support for the UCI protocol or the Winboard protocol and you can use any one of the hundreds of free Winboard and UCI chess engines as your AI. There are a number of very strong ones. Ruffian 1.05 (about the same strength as the commercial version of Ruffian, supports Winboard and UCI), and Pro Deo (a.k.a. Rebel, the author decided to make it available for free). Aristarch and List are two more that are very strong. There are also commercial engines supporting UCI and Winboard such as Shredder and The King (the engine in ChessMaster). Here is a list of ratings for almost 200 Winboard and UCI engines. Here is a list of over 270 Winboard and UCI engines. Go here and click on the "Downloads" or "Info pages" drop down list box to download any of them.
Quote:Original post by stroma
of course, i made searchs before, but i coud not find good ones.
i know 3d chess games are not as playable as 2d ones.
8x8x8 wow! maybe a 4x4x4 game but not chess, i code my own rules :D

thank you..

sorry for bad english..

also maybe 4x4x4x4 chess? [grin] it's only 256 cells, not too much, just like 16x16 board...
wow! thanks for this really detailed reply...
+-+-+-+-+-STR
hey i was replying! :D previous message was re: to russell..

4x4x4 game can be good, i will work on it. (after this little chess game )
+-+-+-+-+-STR
There is a nice article about chess AI on gamedev... Aha here it is http://www.gamedev.net/reference/programming/features/chess1/default.asp
Why do my programs never work on other computers?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement