Baldur's Gate Engine

Started by
12 comments, last by VladR 19 years, 5 months ago
What is the name of the Baldur's Gate engine? Is there are free/opensource engine similar to the engine? Also, how hard would it be to make an engine like the Baldur's Gate engine? It looks pretty simple with unique features.
Advertisement
I actually just found a sourceforge project, called hack and slash. It's a neat engine. I am going to mess around with it. Let me know if anyone see's something cooler/better.
The Baldur's gate engine is called the "Infinity Engine". There are a few open source clones, here's one of them: http://binf.sourceforge.net/
Ad: Ancamnia
I dont have Linux anymore, thanks though.
Quote:Original post by rpgdeveloper
I dont have Linux anymore, thanks though.

Too bad for you. Anyway, the engine I posted works in Windows..
Ad: Ancamnia
You should check out GemRB.. although I think development may be stalled on it (not 100% sure) it is a working Infinity Engine and you can run the games with it.
Baldur's Gate II is probably my favourite game ever. Good luck if your trying to make a similar game.
Quote:Original post by Rebooted
Baldur's Gate II is probably my favourite game ever. Good luck if your trying to make a similar game.

That link I gave has a working copy of the infinity engine (with source obviously) that can boot Baldurs Gate, Baldurs Gate 2, Icewind Dale, and Planescape Torment. Check it out :)
Thanks a lot guys. I am trying to make something similar to Baldurs Gate, although not that close to it...
I'm interested in this as well. I checked BINF and here's a quote:
Quote:
Beyond Infinty was a replacement for the Infinity Engine (used in Baldur's Gate etc..) now it is dead for quite long time.... (use Gemrb instead of it) I only leave the sourcecodes for historical reasons.
[ ThumbView: Adds thumbnail support for DDS, PCX, TGA and 16 other imagetypes for Windows XP Explorer. ] [ Chocolate peanuts: Brazilian recipe for home made chocolate covered peanuts. Pure coding pleasure. ]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement