(updated) my first C# game

Started by
16 comments, last by DMINATOR 19 years, 5 months ago
just finished my first C#.net game. There is nothing special in it, but atleast it is running and i got some understanding what C# wan't from and what i can get it for him. The game lacks some things like double buffer, so don't be scared :) download Here is screen V 1.1 - updated - added double buffer - and other graphic background image [attention] .Net framework is required. [Edited by - DMINATOR on November 16, 2004 2:24:35 AM]
Advertisement
Wow ... very cool game. fast paced, fun ... this would be fantastic as a no-touch deployment game (ie, it runs from the web).
Joel Martinez
http://codecube.net
[twitter]joelmartinez[/twitter]
Heh i am glad that you liked it :). It would be interesting to know how much score anyone would get . I got 301 :) beat this if u can.
Hey that was actually a funny game! Here is my list of improvments I'd like to see.

• Implement double-buffering to avoid the flickering.
  • Put some soul in the artwork and the layout! The game is ten times more fun than it looks!! A well done background for instance would spiff the game up alot.
  • Maybe it is a matter of taste, but I'd prefer the worm not to move when it has reached the cursor.

I think you have managed to balance the game very well. At first it is as easy as a game should be, and you don't have to wait forever for the game to get harder.
[s]--------------------------------------------------------[/s]chromecode.com - software with source code
Hey, that's pretty fun! Great job DMINATOR

In time the project grows, the ignorance of its devs it shows, with many a convoluted function, it plunges into deep compunction, the price of failure is high, Washu's mirth is nigh.

As was said before, the artwork and rendering routines could use a little work, but other than that I think it's great, especially for a first try! (You should see some of the images that I slapped into my first games and called art. ;) ) You obviously have a good grasp of the basics and are off to a much better start than a lot of other first-time C# writers. (The first time I wrote a game in C# it was tic-tac-toe! [lol]) The game also seems pretty original; I have seen worm-chasing-stuff games, but I don't think I ever seen one quite like this before. Many praises and pats on the back to you for your first game in C#!
Thats a very cool game. Well done!!

Yeah get some better artwork and improve the flickering and itll be a great little game!

I got 182, I had to stop playing cause the flickering was hurting my eyes lol
Quote:Original post by BosskIn Soviet Russia, you STFU WITH THOSE LAME JOKES!
Thank's all your requests are taken in mind. But i can't change anything soon cause i don't have Visual studio .NET at home :(, just going to wait when my lectures at colledge start.

- About stoping snake when it reaches cursor , i can add this feature, it was orignally on, but it's kinda hard to move a big snake with cursor :)
Neat game, couldn't beat your score, but I would suggest getting sharpdevelop at http://www.sharpdevelop.net/ to write .net code. Its free so you want have to wait till college resumes.
hey, i didn't actually play your game (no .net framework installed) but i just wanted to say that i really like the graphics! and no i'm not being sarcastic. what caught my eye were the violets. it looks like ponds or highlights in water. didn't like the reds + happy face too much though, but...............

probably you did not spend much time on the graphs :)

-j
Jonathan Makqueasy gamesgate 88[email=jon.mak@utoronto.ca]email[/email]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement