Sign in to follow this  
ZinkForb

3D Collision Reaction

I just started working in 3D and have a "?" about collision (this is prbly either really obvious and thats why i couldnt find a thread on it or this is awnsered on a daily basis and im on the "outside" and cannot grasp the correct word to search for...) now if an object(object1 we'll say) collides with another object(object2) and i want object1 to stop on contact with object2 (in the instance that object1 is a player[or wutever other reason stopping might be needed/wanted]) how would i go about having object1 stop... while still allowing object 1 to be able to back away and move like a normal thing would IRL... i tried having it be able to move backwards only on collision but then if the player collided backfirst he could walk through...so0o if ne1 out there has any idea wut im talking about and would like to enlighten me id... id be really happy lol... thanks in advance to all who reply

i "THINK" i kno wut ur talking about but how will that help me/how can i use that to accomplish collision reaction?
i think i need an example =p
but thx for responding ^^

[Edited by - ZinkForb on November 10, 2004 2:11:33 PM]