[.net] Admin access needed?

Started by
2 comments, last by antareus 19 years, 5 months ago
We got a report from a customer that claims that my component (DLL) written in C# will not load unless the user running the program has administrator access. The problem comes when the DLL is actually loaded into memory. As far as I can see, I'm not doing anything special here. I pretty much just do a lot of low level numeric manipulation, as well as using the Collections library and a few unchecked arithmetic code blocks. Anyone have any ideas about this?
--God has paid us the intolerable compliment of loving us, in the deepest, most tragic, most inexorable sense.- C.S. Lewis
Advertisement
Can you reproduce it locally under a restricted account?
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
Do you do any registry access or access any system folders, ie program files, or Windows.

I have found that if you need to access an AccessDB or configuration files that are in the system directory (Not the app.config) you need to have access to the directories.

Mykre - BlogVirtual Realm :- XNA News and Resources from Down Under** For those Interested in an Australian XNA User Group Contact me though my site.
I should have followed up at the time.

It was a dumb mistake on my part, I was making a log file in the root of C:\. This isn't allowed as a normal user.
--God has paid us the intolerable compliment of loving us, in the deepest, most tragic, most inexorable sense.- C.S. Lewis

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement