Need help - Minimizing game stops action

Started by
8 comments, last by Tempusz 19 years, 5 months ago
Hi all I'm playing an online game and when i minimize it to read mail or do other stuff, the window goes inactive (all characters movement around me and spells are 'buffered' and play at high speed when i maximize game again, which creates lag and i cannot move for some time). Is there a way to keep window active ? I can provide executable if u need looking at it. OS = windows xp professional Regards, Paul
Advertisement
i think its similar to old dos games .. anyone got ideas ?
heelp :(
cmon ppls sum1 gotta have an idea
  • You haven't said what game you're playing.

• This forum is for programming games, not playing them.

• It's a bug/misfeature of whatever game you're playing, contact whoever made it.
Chess is played by three people. Two people play the game; the third provides moral support for the pawns. The object of the game is to kill your opponent by flinging captured pieces at his head. Since the only piece that can be killed is a pawn, the two armies agree to meet in a pawn-infested area (or even a pawn shop) and kill as many pawns as possible in the crossfire. If the game goes on for an hour, one player may legally attempt to gouge out the other player's eyes with his King.
game is called mir but i think this happens in other games aswell.. anyway i said i can provide executable and any files needed to sum1 who wanna check them
sum1 suggested creating virtual screens, but search results are messy so i need a few hints in the right direction
and this is related to forum topic...
'If you're new to game development, plan on spending some time here before visiting the other forums'

say i wanna make the game not go wild when minimized... thats development
No, it's not development, since you don't have access to the source code of the game. Contact developers of the game, instead of posting in a GAME DEVELOPERS forum.

IBTL

Toolmaker

Speak better English, sign up to talk about game development and maybe we can help you.

God, I hate people who think this place has anything to do with tech support. All you're likely to get is "Install Linux". I'll be different.

Buy a Mac.

Write it into your will. Leave it to me.

Then jump off a bridge.
Quote:Original post by Tempusz

Yes. But for that you need the source code for the game. We cannot do anything with just the executable. You should contact the game's authors.
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
Quote:Original post by Fruny
Quote:Original post by Tempusz

Yes. But for that you need the source code for the game. We cannot do anything with just the executable. You should contact the game's authors.

Well, we can do things with the executable, just not things he would consider solving his problem. We could run it through 'cat' and print it right out, and then make origami swans with the printout.
Original post by Ravuya
Speak better English, sign up to talk about game development and maybe we can help you.

funny i always been considered native english speaker when i've been playing online games, so please be so kind and point out my mistakes
note: if you wanna be hyper-correct it's not 'speak' but 'write'

and you hate too much .. should learn about loving

i personally like 'tail' more cause 'cat' is lame

and you can do things with the executable too but well... i guess that's not orthodox to think of

i'll just keep searching

*closed topic*

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement