• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Razorback 2

A n00b that needs to save a .dds file

This topic is 4971 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok, I'm making a mod for Halo PC that envolves the .dds file format. For the past couple of hours, I've been trying to find some resource that would allow me to convert *.bmp files into *.dds files. I've managed to extract the .dds files from Halo's map files and convert them to *.bmps via IrfanView and HMT 3.5 (Halo Map Tools). Well now that I have edited what I need to for the mod, I can't seem to find a utility to convert the .bmps back to .dds files. This format also seems very useful for when it comes to creating your own games, so can someone give me a link to a utility alowing me to open/view/save .dds files? I don't have access to PSP or Photoshop, so suggesting the plugin for them won't help me. However, I have heard something mentioned about a "DirectX Texture Tool" utility that comes with the DirectX SDK. Where could I download and find information about this utility?

Advertisement
The DirectX Texture Tool comes with the DirectX SDK, which you can download from MSDN.

Also, the ATI developer web site has DDS tools, as does the NVIDIA web site developer section.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!