Untitled

Started by
3 comments, last by GameDev.net 19 years, 5 months ago
im going to make my own program for this, a character body part assembler rather then a 3d shape manipulator, since this thread is already here, ill rattle on some about my goals in this video game side project. first just for humans, adult males and females, have cylinders at different resolutions for body parts and some other shape for the heads, you will then attatch body parts to body parts to make a character(including the head and face) and add lots of bells and manipulative whistles based on muscle fragments here and there, i know this thread now sounds like crap, but im pretty sure i wont stop until i get this done in a short while i found one program like what i wanna do here but its less comnplex, and i couldnt find anything else hardly, ive found three character modeling assistance programs, but i remember seeing alot more 3ds plugins for this matter once, where are they? and standalone programs like this aswell
"am i supposed to be able to do sh_t with this?" oink snort
Advertisement
OK.
I... am not sure what to think of this post, but maybe you might wanna check out something like Poser? Have you heard of it?
Although it seems you have a rather different approach to the problem.
I think the plugins you are referring to must have been integrated into Max, being used so often.
Maybe this is more the sort of stuff you are looking for?
-----------------------------Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !
this is cdrw

i want to make the play-doh fun factory for 3d guys,

there was a plugin called darwin, that makes dinosoars and a complimentary animation skeleton for 3ds, and there's creature creator, whichb is the plugin that i liked the most of the ones i found, and then theres hurcules,

but i swear there were some other ones too,

other plugins, or stand alone play-doh funfactory styled 3d character makers,

are there any free ones?
opr any of these that go for less then $100?

im talking about plugins or programs that automate the character creation process,

and i use 3d studio max plugins by the way
(and i accidentaly created another posting thread with this tread instead of continueing from my original posting thread that initiates this, my query on play-doh fun factroy style character maker programs and plugins)
and im not looking for a muscle buldging flex utility, im looking for a humanoid shape generator and editor in 3d realy.
there are thesein existance, but i cant find to many of them.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement