Sign in to follow this  
PhilVaz

VazTank 3D game

Okay, I figure I'd ask for comments. Working with OpenGL the past few months. Here's what I've come up with. Hopefully done by Thanksgiving. Having problems with some of my graphics leaving "artifacts" (not sure what to call them). For example, you can see the top of my textures when you hit "C" to change tank cam position. Pretty basic OpenGL, I stole Nehe World 3 which he wrote like 5 years ago, and turning that into a 3D tank game. VazTank.zip | VazTank.cpp No install, just unzip into the same folder. Shows how to set up a primitive 3D "world" in OpenGL. Blessed Halo 2 day to you all. VazGames.com Phil P

I tried it but couldn't find any enemies or do anything useful. I hear gun fires but don't see anything firing and don't know who is firing. I kept left clicking but don't see anything shooting from my tank. The only thing I can do is move the tank around and go through boxes that are labelled fuel and ammo. Is this suppose to be where you are at right now with the game or there is something wrong?

<< Is this suppose to be where you are at right now with the game or there is something wrong? >>

Yeah that's it. Sorry, maybe should have waited until more is done. I'm surprised I got this far!

Not sure how to do the "enemies".... I'm thinking a simple 3D model format, but not sure what to use. Wrote a ASC (3ds) model loader.... anyway, if you can look around, see some boxes and pyramids, then that's it. You can fire (CTRL) but no bullets appear yet. :) It's a bare skeleton of a 3D game.

Phil P

<< Dude you have been working on that game for a LONG time. >>

Started in July. Took a few months off. It will get done, got stuck on 3D model format, not sure what to do. I'll figure something out. Bullets firing in a few days....

Phil P