DXDebug

Started by
2 comments, last by kandemor 19 years, 5 months ago
Hello, I'm following the NVPerfHud user's guide trying to improve the performance of my DirectX application and I think I have a bottlenech in the vertex processing stage. The guide says that if you have problems in this stage you should run the application in the Direct3D debug run-time and verify that no errors or warnings are generated. I've selected this option in the DirectX's control panel and I've run the application. My question is: where can I view the debug errors or warnings? In a window of the MSVS? Should I start another application? Thank you very much. VinCenT.
Advertisement
Does anybody know this , I have the same question.
and far more, I don't know debug my application with HLSL,
by far ,I only use FXC to compiler my programme.
It should come out in the debugger's output panel. Either the 'Output' pane in MSVS, or if you're running a seperate app like DebugMon it'll come out there. For it to work in MSVS you have to be running the app in the debugger, of course.

There's more info on this in the Forum FAQ, btw.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Perfect!!

Thank you very much!

VinCenT

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement